Monday, January 21

My Zombie Epic, By xXTUBBYXx

For years or as far back as I can remember I have loved the zombie genre, for some reason the tantalizing effect that these films had over me was remarkable. As a kid the simple idea of the dead coming back from the grave was horrifying, at the early age of 7 I was checking out books at the library dealing with voodoo, and deaths from around the world. Slowly I desensitized myself, I could literally watch someone die in front of me and not have a care in the world, I had seen to many horror films to not wince at all. Ever since this I had always wanted to write a Zombie film, one that would capture the essence of the old Romero classics, but bringing new life to the genre. I wanted to be that person that brought it up a notch, so I wrote a story. For two years I have taken out and re-arranged my script, finally realizing that this could be it. My zombie epic is entitled: Once Upon a Time After Death (It could change with comments but who knows)

The draft I wrote up, is a two-parter, with the second part running off into a different story but with the events from the first interloping. The basic premise is about a man named Paul Wilson, who finds himself lost after loosing his fiancee to cancer. Having to go on living without his beloved, he lives the life of a hermit, quiet and reserved, some believe him to be a felon while others believe him to be a retard. Far into my story we learn that a company a few miles down from Mr. Wilson's residence is coming up with a new cure for cancer, the cure comes from a specimen of unknown origins, problem is the cure inhibits the bodies immune system. The patient finds peace knowning there cancer is ridden, but at the cost of there body slowly degrading. Some just fade away, while others become crazed cannibals with no sense or humanity. Basically things go crazy, including some of the cures falling into a local water reserve which leads us into the second story, where a young couple go out to a retreat in the forest. One drinking water from the local stream and you guess the rest.

Well this is a bit of my nonsense, before I put the finishing touches on it.

3 comments:

youngblood said...

wtf. do you want it to get stolen....
Geeeez.

Ossisk said...

for title how about "Generic Zombie Movie, Generic."

Ossisk said...

also wtf is the purpose of this post, are you showing off or letting people know what projects you are working on?